To provide the Site and the Services, it is necessary for us to hold and process certain personal information. We take your privacy very seriously and use reasonable care in keeping this information secure and preventing any unauthorised access or unlawful use of it. We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it. All personal information is processed by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and our website is encrypted with SSL. Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our services and should not submit any personal information to freevocalsv2.staging.wpengine.com.
We may collect or ask you to provide some or all of the following: name, address, email addresses, IP addresses, web-browser details, operating system details, and/or your activities on the Site. This information will be stored together with any additional information you may provide to us and will be used to provide you with the Services. We may also use your personal information:
(i) to analyse use of the Site; and;
(ii) to licence sound recordings to you; and;
(iii) to send you account transactional emails such as download links, password resets and email verification links. We may also occasionally send you updates and offers by email which you can choose to unsubscribe from.
We do not sell our users private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances outlined below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers).
We use ‘cookies’ while you access the Site to avoid the need to re-enter details on different occasions. If you do not wish to receive ‘cookies’, you may change the settings on your computer or browser accordingly. You can find out more about the cookies that we use below.
If you do not want us to retain or use your personal information in any way, please do not provide the data to us or, if you have already provided personal information and wish to withdraw your consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your data.
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Soundcloud
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
More about our Cookies
- Making our cart and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Tailoring content to your needs (e.g. using Geo-location to display different currencies)
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded Soundcloud player or YouTube video.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud and Pinterest we have included sharing buttons on our site. You can also link your Facebook or Google accounts for easy login or registration.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use: Google Analytics
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.